Frequently Asked Questions Regarding COVID-19 and Legrand | AV
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has had, and continues to have, an unprecedented impact around the world. In this challenging time, the safety of our employees, customers, and partners is Legrand’s highest priority.
In the midst of so much uncertainty, Legrand is committed to doing our part to protect our teams and surrounding communities, while also striving to maintain the quality service you expect from us. That being said, we know our partners are likely to have questions during this trying time. This page will serve as a hub to provide answers. As the situation develops, more questions will be added to the list, so check back frequently.
View full statements from Legrand | AV President Scott Gill:
Q: What precautions is Legrand | AV taking to avoid the spread of COVID-19?
Answer: We have put in place several measures at each of our facilities, all meeting or exceeding the highest standards recommended by the CDC and government authorities, to ensure the welfare of our customers and employees.
At this time, all employees who are able have been instructed to work from home and collaborate virtually until further notice. Enhanced cleaning protocols and distancing requirements have been implemented in all Legrand facilities for the protection of employees remaining on site. These measures are intended to help reduce the spread of this outbreak, allowing for a swifter recovery and, most importantly, saving lives.
Q: What precautions is Legrand | AV taking to ensure cleanliness of facilities and packaged products?
Answer: In addition to the aforementioned CDC standards implemented across all facilities, our teams are diligently deep cleaning daily and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when needed.
That said, there are some additional measures that recipients can and should be taking to further mitigate any risk of exposure. NOTE: This is recommendation is not solely for our products but good precautionary practice for handing any goods shipped and received.
- Wear protective equipment such as gloves.
- Discard all packaging.
- Do not touch your face.
- Wash your hands after handling.
Q: What is Legrand | AV doing to mitigate COVID-19's impact on the supply chain?
Answer: We are currently taking the following measures to mitigate any disruption to our services:
- Working with our factories to maintain normal production capacity.
- Placing advanced orders for long lead time parts and components to reduce the risk of supply disruptions.
- Using air freight to expedite shipment of products to reduce the risk of local inventory issues.
- Offering substitute products, where applicable, to offset product shortages.
- Working closely with our factories and key suppliers to anticipate and work around potential logistics issues, including capacity shortages.
Q: Are any of the Legrand | AV facilities closed?
Answer: Operationally, we remain focused on keeping critical products available to you. In all areas where there are statewide or local stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders, we are operating under critical industry designations. That means we remain open in service to integrators and our retail partners. In the U.S., Legrand | AV operates out of five primary manufacturing locations, and four additional distribution locations. We have made the following updates to our locations, hours and operations to ensure a healthy work environment for all associates while minimizing any disruption in service to our customers.
Brands & sites under temporary closure:
- Middle Atlantic Products - Fairfield, NJ – Due to the rapid spread in the New York/New Jersey metro area, the Middle Atlantic Products facility closed on Tuesday, March 31st with plans to reopen the facility on April 6th. In the interim, we will work with you to support urgent orders through our other warehouse locations and distribution partners. Please call our customer care associates at 1-800-266-7225. We will provide an update when we are able to re-open the Fairfield location.
Sites with only office staff under temporary closure:
- Middletown, PA
- Draper, UT
- Eden Prairie, MN
Brands & sites with adjusted shipping hours of Monday-Thursday, closed Fridays.
- Chief and Sanus: Shakopee, Minnesota
- Da-Lite: Warsaw, Indiana and Blue Ash, Ohio
- Luxul and Vaddio: Minnetonka, Minnesota
Q: How will the adjusted shipping hours impact my order?
Answer: Chief, Da-Lite, Luxul and Vaddio facilities have shifted to a four-day, 40-hour work week, and ship orders over these extended hours Monday through Thursday. This means orders placed on Friday will ship the following Monday for in-stock product. It is our intent to shift back to a standard 5-day work week as soon as practical to enable Friday shipments. We appreciate your understanding as we make this health-focused change in our operations.
Q: What do I do if I have more questions, need technical support and/or need to return something?
Answer: Team members across Legrand | AV are ready and available to support you. They will be proactive in communicating, but, as always, please reach out to your sales contact, the customer care support team, or tech support, should you have any questions.
Q: How can I remain updated on the latest communication?
Answer: We will provide regular communication directly via our website, or through our customer care and sales organization, to keep you notified of any changes as this situation evolves.
Be sure to monitor this page as more frequently asked questions will be added in the future.