Milestone AV Technologies maintains accountability for the environmental impact of its activities and has integrated a culture of sustainability into daily business practices. Milestone is committed to:
- Conducting our business and operations in an environmentally friendly manner
- Learning, understanding and complying with global environmental regulations
- Educating our employees on environmental responsibility
- Driving compliance with our suppliers
- Introducing innovative products for our customers that support our goals of durability and recyclability
A Sustainable, LEED-Certified Corporate Headquarters
When planning our new global headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minn., sustainability was a primary focus. The first sustainable step was to renovate instead of building new – saving an existing building that has a unique design and great natural light.
We’re proud to announce that the building has been awarded Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) Silver certification through the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
The updated interior of the building includes natural lighting for 95% of regularly occupied seated spaces and ENERGY STAR ratings for 95% of the equipment in the building.
Other examples of sustainable design solutions:
- 30% reduction in water usage with the implementation of low flow fixtures
- 5% reduction in energy consumption from lighting fixtures
- 15.5% of construction materials were made of recycled content
- 89.5% of the construction waste was diverted from the landfill and recycled
- use of outside air to cool the building’s data center without using additional energy due to Minnesota’s low ambient temperature
- nearby walking/jogging paths, bicycle storage and shower facilities to encourage alternative ways for employees to commute to work
- location near four major highways as well as the proposed Southwest Light Rail Transit line
At Milestone, we embrace our commitment to sustainability and carry this philosophy into our product designs and business practices. A few examples of these efforts:
- Conscientious of our carbon footprint worldwide, Milestone collects and analyzes greenhouse gas emission and energy generated from our global supply chain, and continually looks for ways to improve in these areas.
- Da-Lite received the 2011 InfoComm Green AV Award for its sustainable practices, which include achieving both ISO 14001:2004 and GREENGUARD® certifications, converting their facility to 100% landfill diversion, and creating a Screen Green Exchange Program.
- Chief offers a number of products that meet or surpass LEED categories 4.1 (10% recycled content), 4.2 (20% recycled content) and 1.1 - 1.4 (Innovation in Design: Ergonomics Strategy), helping our customers take steps closer to achieving LEED certification.
- Sanus has always thoughtfully incorporated green practices as an early adopter of recycled pulp trays in retail packaging, eliminating the use of Styrofoam.