Legrand | AV maintains accountability for the environmental impact of its activities and has integrated a culture of sustainability into daily business practices. Legrand | AV is committed to:
- Conducting our business and operations in an environmentally friendly manner
- Learning, understanding and complying with global environmental regulations
- Educating our employees on environmental responsibility
- Driving compliance with our suppliers
- Introducing innovative products for our customers that support our goals of durability and recyclability
A Sustainable, LEED-Certified Corporate Headquarters
When planning our new global headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minn., sustainability was a primary focus.
We’re proud to announce that the building has been awarded Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) Silver certification through the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
The updated interior of the building includes natural lighting for 95% of regularly occupied seated spaces and ENERGY STAR ratings for 95% of the equipment in the building.
Other examples of sustainable design solutions:
- 30% reduction in water usage with the implementation of low flow fixtures
- 5% reduction in energy consumption from lighting fixtures
- 15.5% of construction materials were made of recycled content
- 89.5% of the construction waste was diverted from the landfill and recycled
- use of outside air to cool the building’s data center without using additional energy due to Minnesota’s low ambient temperature
- nearby walking/jogging paths, bicycle storage and shower facilities to encourage alternative ways for employees to commute to work
- location near four major highways as well as the proposed Southwest Light Rail Transit line
At Legrand | AV, we embrace our commitment to sustainability and carry this philosophy into our product designs and business practices. A few examples of these efforts:
- Conscientious of our carbon footprint worldwide, Legrand | AV collects and analyzes greenhouse gas emission and energy generated from our global supply chain, and continually looks for ways to improve in these areas.
- Da-Lite received the 2011 InfoComm Green AV Award for its sustainable practices, which include achieving both ISO 14001:2004 and GREENGUARD® certifications, converting their facility to 100% landfill diversion, and creating a Screen Green Exchange Program.
- Chief offers a number of products that meet or surpass LEED categories 4.1 (10% recycled content), 4.2 (20% recycled content) and 1.1 - 1.4 (Innovation in Design: Ergonomics Strategy), helping our customers take steps closer to achieving LEED certification.
- Sanus has always thoughtfully incorporated green practices as an early adopter of recycled pulp trays in retail packaging, eliminating the use of Styrofoam.