Legrand AV Division is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want to inform you how we use and protect your personal information. This includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold. This Privacy Notice sets out how we collect, use, process and store your personal information.
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data in the EU are REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
Who is Legrand AV Division?
The processing of personal Data is carried out under the responsibility of Milestone AV Technologies Legrand AV Division, the legal entity in which Legrand AV Division operates. Find below the contact details of our offices worldwide:
- United States: Legrand AV Division Headquarters 6436 City West Parkway Eden Prairie, MN 55344 USA. P 1-866-977-3901 / F 1-877-894-6918 email@example.com
- EMEA: Legrand AV Division, EMEA Office Franklinstraat 14 6003 DK Weert Netherlands. P +31 495 580 840 / F +31 495 580 860 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asia Pacific: Legrand AV Division, APAC Office Room 902-3 & 918, 9/F. Shatin Galleria 18-24 Shan Mei Street Fotan, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong. P +852-2145-4099 / F +852-2145-4477 email@example.com
NATURE OF DATA COLLECTED AND PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
Legrand AV Division may collect the following information from you.
- Job description and title
- Contact preference
- E-mail address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- Customer number
- Social media data
- All personal data provided in the ‘’Complete your subscription” window on LegrandAV.com
The legal basis for collecting this data can be any of the following 5:
- Execution of a contact
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Vital interest
Storage of your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may export (components) of your personal data outside EEA to carry out its activities.
The transfer of data outside the EEA is based on legitimate interest of enterprises engaged in a joined economic activity. Legrand AV Division is taking reasonable, physical, technological and organizational precautions in order to avoid unauthorized access to your personal information, and loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
Access to your stored personal data via password. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Transmission and storage of your personal data. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use best practice to ensure your data is encrypted to the standard required in the GDPR to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
Methods of personal data collection:
The personal data is collected in the context of:
- Product ordering and registration;
- Requests for information, support, service or assistance
- Registration for training, events or other materials
- Completion of Website (contact) forms or surveys
- Visiting/browsing the Website
- Collaboration with Legrand AV Division in general
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with Legrand AV Division
- Visiting the office/building of Legrand AV Division
- Requesting the creation of a dealer account
- Requesting an offer
- Subscription to the newsletter
- Registration to a Legrand AV Division event or collecting personal data on third party events
- Filming/making photos at an event
- Exchanging business cards
- Verification of your identity (e.g. when a data subject contacts customer service)
Use of personal data
Legrand AV can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performance of the agreement with Legrand AV Division (incl. follow-up thereof)
- Follow-up of client opportunities and leads
- Organizing an event (incl. sending out invitations)
- Responding to questions (whether or not received through the contact form)
- Optimizing the quality, management and content of the Website
- Sending newsletters
- Creating statistics
- Quote and invoice generation
- Follow-up after a meeting
- Creation of an account (free or paying) and the confirmation thereof
- Providing support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- Send targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and – where applicable – upon explicit consent
- Conducting customer satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research
- Registration of visitors of the office/building of Legrand AV
- Confirmation of the subscription of a webinar/training/event/etc.
- Issuing invoices and the collection thereof
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Legrand AV Division shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of performing the agreement and optimization thereof (including but not limited to database management, invoice and payment processing for Legrand AV Division. In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, software providers, cloud partner, transport partners, financial institutes, insurance companies, service providers and Legrand AV Division.
If it is necessary that Legrand AV Division discloses your personal data to third parties, the third party concerned is required to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Declaration.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that Legrand AV Division discloses your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) if Legrand AV Division is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights
- If Legrand AV Division, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – which Legand AV Division has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets
In all other cases, Legrand AV Division will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i)has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
Your Privacy Rights
LEGRAND AV DIVISION will respect your legal rights to your data. Below are the rights that you have under law, and what LEGRAND AV DIVISION does to protect those rights:
- The right to be informed. LEGRAND AV DIVISION is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.
- The right to access. You have the right to access your information. Please contact your regional LEGRAND AV DIVISION office if you wish to access the personal information LEGRAND AV DIVISION holds about you.
- The right to rectification. If the information LEGRAND AV DIVISION holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact your regional LEGRAND AV DIVISION office.
- The right to erasure. This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want LEGRAND AV DIVISION to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact your regional LEGRAND AV DIVISION office.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask LEGRAND AV DIVISION to restrict how we process your data. This means We are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want Us to restrict processing of your data, please contact your regional LEGRAND AV DIVISION office.
- The right to data portability. LEGRAND AV DIVISION must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. Please contact your regional LEGRAND AV DIVISION office.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to LEGRAND AV DIVISION processing your data even if it is based on Our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless of statistics. If you wish to object please contact your regional LEGRAND AV DIVISION office.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given Us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and LEGRAND AV DIVISION must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact your regional LEGRAND AV DIVISION office.
- The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that LEGRAND AV DIVISION has not responded to your requests to solve a problem. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, our website may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
LEGRAND AV DIVISION does not believe its website or marketing content is appealing to children, nor is it directed at children under 16. LEGRAND AV DIVISION does not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strives to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under 16, we will seek your consent if you wish your child to access LEGRAND AV DIVISION content.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
LEGRAND AV DIVISION may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.