Warranty Information for Legrand AV Brands
What is your Return Authorization Policy?
All merchandise returned to Chief must be returned with prior authorization and a Return Authorization number provided by Customer Service. Defective or product received incorrectly due to an error on Chief's part will be credited to your account in full. In situations where the dealer needs to return merchandise due to a change in its project/equipment or due to ordering incorrectly, a restock charge will apply as follows. Merchandise invoiced in the past 0-30 days - 10%; 31-60 days - 15%; 61-90 days - 25%. Reduced fees may be given for an accompanying reorder of equal or greater value. Returns are not allowed for merchandise over 90 days old; electrical lift products; special order products, or discontinued merchandise. Products returned that are damaged or missing parts will not be eligible for credit unless they can easily be made saleable. Additional charges for parts and labor may apply.
Return authorization must be obtained prior to the return of any merchandise. A return authorization number and shipment instructions will be provided by a Da-Lite Customer Care Specialist. Returns will not be accepted for merchandise over 120 days old. Restock fees will apply and differ for standard vs. custom product. Please contact Customer Care for additional information.
Are Chief products covered under a warranty?
With the exception of electrical products, Chief warrants its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for 10 years. All warranties are in effect beginning the date the product was invoiced by Chief. Electrical mechanisms (such as lift products) have a 1-year limited warranty. All warranties are in effect for the original purchaser only. Chief disclaims liability for any modifications, improper installation and/or installations over the specified weight capacity. Chief also disclaims liability for any modifications made to electrical mechanisms, improper installation, incorrect voltage connection and/or installations over the stated weight capacity. All Electrical Mechanisms are intended for indoor use only and failure to comply will void warranty.
Chief's sole warranty obligation to the owner of its products is to repair or replace (at Chief's discretion) defective products at no charge to the original purchaser within the warranty period. The purchaser is responsible for returning the product to Chief Manufacturing via prepaid shipping. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Chief disclaims any other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of merchantability. Chief will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use or inability to use Chief products, even if Chief has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Chief bears no responsibility for incidental or consequential damages. This includes, but is not limited to, any labor charges for the repair of Chief products performed by someone other than a Chief employee. Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply. Chief will not be responsible for damage to Chief products caused by misuse, abuse, failure to properly package the product for return to Chief or for damage caused by carriers during shipment to or from Chief. Any repairs to Chief products required due to misuse, abuse or shipping damage or repairs of defective Chief product outside the warranty period will be performed at the current rates established by Chief for factory service.
Are Da-Lite products covered under a warranty?
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON DA-LITE PRESENTATION PRODUCTS
Milestone AV Technologies LLC warrants certain Da-Lite branded products to the original purchaser only, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser; provided they are properly operated according to Da-Lite’s instructions and are not damaged due to improper handling or treatment after shipment from the factory.
The following product lines have warranties beyond the standard one year warranty:
- Advantage (Large & Tensioned), Arena, Ascender, Boardroom, Class Mate, Cosmopolitan, Contour, Cinema Contour, Da-Lift, Da-Snap, DescenderPro, Fast-Fold NXT, FullVision, IDEA, IDEA Panoramic, Integrated Interactive System (AN3WA100), Imager (Curved, Dual & Multi Format), Lace & Grommet Surfaces (including series 200 & 300), Motorized Scenic Roller, Parallax, Parallax Thin, Professional, Rigid Rear Projection, Slimline, Studio, Tensioned Conference, Tensioned Contour, Wireline Advantage and UTB Contour - five (5) years
- Advantage Screen - five (5) years for the Advantage screen
- Camera components - three (3) years
- Polacoat In-Wall Rear Projection - ten (10) years
This warranty does not apply to equipment showing evidence of misuse, abuse or accidental damage, or which has been tampered with or repaired by a person other than authorized Da‑Lite personnel.
Da-Lite’s sole obligation under this warranty shall be to repair or to replace (at Da-Lite’s option) the defective part of the merchandise. Returns for service should be made to your Da-Lite dealer. If it is necessary for the dealer to return the screen or part to Da-Lite, transportation expenses to and from Da-Lite are payable by the purchaser and Da-Lite is not responsible for damage in shipment.
To protect yourself against damage or loss in transit, insure the product and prepay all transportation expenses.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AS TO FITNESS FOR USE AND MERCHANTABILITY. Any implied warranties of fitness for use, or merchantability, that may be mandated by statute or rule of law are limited to the one (1) year warranty period. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state-to-state. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO LIABILITY IS ASSUMED FOR EXPENSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM INTERRUPTION IN OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT, OR FOR INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE.
In the event that there is a defect in materials or workmanship of a Da-Lite product, you may contact our Customer Care Specialists at 3100 North Detroit Street, Warsaw, IN 46582, (574) 267-8101, (800) 622-3737.
IMPORTANT: THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT BE VALID AND DA-LITE BRANDED PRODUCTS SHALL NOT BE BOUND BY THIS WARRANTY IF THE PRODUCT IS NOT OPERATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DA-LITE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS.
Keep your sales receipt to prove the date of purchase and your original ownership.
Are SANUS products covered under a warranty?
SANUS warrants its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for the product's Warranty Period. The Warranty Period commences on the original purchase date of the product.
All SANUS products are covered by a limited product warranty:
- Ten (10) years for metal video monitor mounts; all racks and non-electrical rack accessories
- Five (5) years for plastic speaker mounts; all speaker stands; all furniture; all wood (MDF) accessories
- One (1) year for all motorized and/or automated products
For warranty claims made during the Warranty Period, SANUS will replace any defective product part free of charge. Should a part on your SANUS product fail, call SANUS at 1-800-359-5520 to make a warranty claim. We will discuss the problem with you and once we confirm the product is under warranty, we will ship replacement parts to you within 72 hours. This Limited Warranty does not cover the costs of removing and replacing defective parts from your SANUS product. So, if your problem requires a repair technician, you must pay any labor charges.
This Limited Warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the product and is automatically void if your SANUS product is modified in any way, improperly installed, taxed beyond its stated weight capacity or otherwise misused or abused. All SANUS products are intended for indoor use only and any outdoor use voids this Limited Warranty. The Limited Warranty for wall and ceiling mounts is void if the mount is moved from its initial installation. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, SANUS disclaims any other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of merchantability. SANUS will not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use or inability to use its products, even if SANUS has been advised of the possibility of such damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, SANUS disclaims any responsibility for incidental or consequential damages.
Vaddio Warranty and Return Policy
Hardware* Warranty: Two (2) year limited warranty on all parts and labor for Vaddio manufactured products. Vaddio warrants its manufactured products against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the day of purchase, to the original purchaser, if Vaddio receives notice of such defects during the warranty period. Vaddio, at its option, will repair or replace products that prove to be defective. Vaddio manufactures its hardware products from parts and components that are new or equivalent to new in accordance with industry standard practices.
Exclusions: The above warranty shall not apply to defects resulting from improper or inadequate maintenance by the customer, customers applied software or interfacing, unauthorized modifications or misuse, mishandling, operation outside the normal environmental specifications for the product, use of the incorrect power supply, modified power supply, or improper site operation and maintenance. OEM and special order products manufactured by other companies are excluded and are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
Vaddio Customer Service: Vaddio will test, repair, or replace the product or products without charge if the unit is under warranty. If the product is out of warranty, Vaddio will test, then repair the product or products. The cost of parts and labor charge will be estimated by a technician and confirmed by the customer prior to repair. All components must be returned for testing as a complete unit. Vaddio will not accept responsibility for shipment after it has left the premises.
Vaddio Technical Support: Vaddio technicians will determine and discuss with the customer the criteria for repair costs and/or replacement. Vaddio Technical Support can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at one of the phone numbers listed on support.vaddio.com.
Return Material Authorization (RMA) Number: Before returning a product for repair or replacement, request an RMA from Vaddio’s technical support. Provide the technician with a return phone number, e-mail address, shipping address, product serial numbers and original purchase order number. Describe the reason for repairs or returns as well as the date of purchase. See the General RMA Terms and Procedures section for more information. RMAs are valid for 30 days and will be issued to Vaddio dealers only. End users must return products through Vaddio dealers. Include the assigned RMA number in all correspondence with Vaddio. Write the assigned RMA number clearly on the shipping label of the box when returning the product. All products returned for credit are subject to a restocking charge without exception. Special order products are not returnable.
Voided Warranty: The warranty does not apply if the original serial number has been removed or if the product has been disassembled or damaged through misuse, accident, modifications, use of incorrect power supply, use of a modified power supply, or unauthorized repair.
Shipping and Handling: Vaddio will not pay for inbound shipping transportation or insurance charges or accept any responsibility for laws and ordinances from inbound transit. Vaddio will pay for outbound shipping, transportation, and insurance charges for all items under warranty but will not assume responsibility for loss and/or damage by the outbound freight carrier. If the return shipment appears damaged, retain the original boxes and packing material for inspection by the carrier. Contact your carrier immediately.
Products not under Warranty: Payment arrangements are required before outbound shipment for all out of warranty products.
General RMA Terms and Procedures: RMA’s are valid for 30 days and will be issued to Vaddio dealers only.
- End users must return products through Vaddio dealers.
- Before a defective product can be authorized to send in for repair, it must first go through the troubleshooting process with a member of the Vaddio Technical Support team.
- Products authorized for repair must have a valid RMA (Return Material Authorization) number.
- Vaddio RMA Team will issue the RMA number.
- An RMA number is to be included in all correspondence with Vaddio.
- The RMA number must appear clearly on the shipping label (not the box) when the product is returned.
- A packing slip must be included on the inside of the box with the RMA number listed and reason for RMA return.
- Products received at Vaddio that do not have a valid RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the shipping container may be refused and returned to sender.
- Boxes showing external damage will be refused and sent back to the sender regardless of the clearly marked RMA number and will remain the responsibility of the sender.
RMA Charges (Restocking): All qualified returns must be made in unopened, original packaging with all original materials.
- Initial shipments of equipment that are refused upon attempted delivery, for any reason, are subject to restocking charges.
- The Dealer has up to 60 days from the date of purchase to return Vaddio product for credit for future purchases of Vaddio product only.
- The Dealer has 61 to 90 days from the date of purchase to return Vaddio product with a 15% restocking fee or $50.00 fee, whichever amount is greater
- The Dealer has up to 30 days from the date of purchase to return OEM and other manufacturer’s products with a 15% restocking fee or $50.00 fee, whichever amount is greater.
- NOTE: Special Order products from other manufacturers (identified in the Vaddio Price Guide as noncancelable, nonreturnable and notrefundable) are not eligible for advance replacement from Vaddio.
Advanced Replacement Policies:
For Vaddio manufactured products, advance replacement will be provided for up to one (1) year after the initial shipment of products.
- NOTE: OEM and other manufacturer’s products are excluded from the Vaddio advance replacement policy. Advance replacement will be provided for up to 30 days after initial shipment of OEM products. Thereafter, a return to Vaddio and factory repair is offered during the other manufacturer’s warranty period. Vaddio will determine if the returned product is qualified for the OEM warranty.
- NOTE: Special Order products from other manufacturers (identified in the Vaddio Price Guide as noncancelable, nonreturnable and not refundable) are not eligible for advance replacement from Vaddio.
Advance Replacement Procedures:
The Vaddio Dealer must submit a non-revocable purchase order for advance replacement equipment at normal dealer pricing. Credit shall be issued upon complete product return (including all accessories) for dealers with Net 30 terms. For credit card accounts, charges will be assessed to the credit card for the replacement and credited back upon complete product return.
- Returns must be made in the original Vaddio packaging with all original materials if at all possible. Vaddio products with missing original materials will be billed to the dealer at dealer price.
- NOTE: OEM products must be returned in the original packaging with all materials and the RMA number written on the shipping label only and not on the OEM box. If the return is incomplete and/or the OEM box is defaced, the product shall be returned to the dealer and the RMA will not be credited.
- Equipment returned with “No Trouble Found” after advanced replacement will be assessed a full 15% or $50.00 restocking fee (whichever is greater) for each item and may also be assessed for additional charges to compensate for wear, damages and reconditioning.
- All returns must be accompanied by RMA # as stated above.
- All Advanced Replacement products are sent via 2-day service in the continental USA. If the product is requested to be sent via priority or overnight shipping, the Dealer shall pay shipping costs. The dealer can elect to supply their preferred shipping account number.
International customers are responsible for all freight charges for equipment returned to Vaddio, including international shipping, taxes, and duties, insurance and all other associated logistic charges.
Warranty Repair Terms and Procedures:
Vaddio will repair any product free of charge, including parts and labor, within the terms outlined in the warranty agreement for that product.
- Customers must provide proof of the product’s purchase date.
- Product that is within the warranty period will be repaired under the non-warranty terms if:
- The equipment has been damaged by negligence, accident, act of God, mishandling, used with the incorrect, modified or extended power supply or has not been operated in accordance with the procedures described in the operating and technical instructions.
- The equipment has been altered or repaired by other than the Manufacturer or an authorized service representative.
- Adaptations or accessories other than those manufactured or provided by the Manufacturer have been made or attached to the equipment, which in the determination of the Manufacturer, shall have affected the performance, safety of reliability of the equipment; or the equipment’s original serial number has been modified or removed.
- Customer is responsible for shipping charges to send defective product under warranty to Vaddio. Vaddio will pay ground service return shipping charges during the 2nd year of the warranty period.
- Standard return shipping method for products under warranty, but out of the advance replacement warranty period, is ground shipment. Extra charges associated with priority shipping, when requested, will be the responsibility of the customer.
Non-Warranty Repair Terms:
Vaddio will repair any non-obsolete product that does not meet the terms of the warranty. Non-warranty repair terms are as follows:
- The customer is responsible for, and agrees to pay, all parts and labor costs associated with the repair.
Standard non-warranty repair charges are outlined below.
- Customers must provide payment method and one of the following, prior to receiving an RMA:
- Hard copy of a PO, for dealers with Net 30 terms and in good standing with Vaddio.
- Valid credit card number - Credit card will be charged upon shipping repaired product back to customer.
- Request for COD: Customers will be notified of COD charges prior to shipping repaired unit.
- Customer is responsible for all shipping charges both to and from Vaddio, and may use their own carrier.
- Customers will receive a courtesy call notifying them of total repair charges prior to return shipping.
Non-Warranty Repair Charges:
Total repair charges (per unit) for a non-warranty repair consist of the following:
- Cost of any replacement parts needed to repair the defect.
- Labor costs billed per hour after minimum charges/time.
- Labor charges include troubleshooting and repair time only.
- Burn-in time and final test time is not included in the labor charges.
- Labor time is rounded to the nearest quarter hour.
- Labor charges are billed at the prevailing rate for the category of equipment repaired, after minimum charges/time. For prevailing labor rates, please contact the Vaddio technical support.
- All shipping and handling costs are the responsibility of the customer for non-warranty repairs.
Minimum Labor Charges:
All non-warranty repairs are subject to a minimum evaluation/repair labor charge even if there is no problem found. Please contact Vaddio technical support for the current applicable rate.
Repair Charge Estimates:
Estimates on repair charges for a specific problem will not be given before an RMA is issued and the actual product has been evaluated by a Vaddio technician. Repair estimates will be given after the repair department receives and evaluates the unit.
- Customers requesting an estimate on repair charges must do so up front when they call in for an RMA. The RMA team will call or email with the estimate after evaluating the unit and before proceeding with the repair.
- Any product evaluated for a repair estimate is still subject to the minimum labor charges even if the customer decides not to proceed with the repair.
- Vaddio does not guarantee estimates given on repair charges. Actual repair costs may exceed the estimate.
- Customer is responsible for actual repair charges, regardless of estimate.
Repair Policy Notes:
- Duration of Repair: Products are repaired on a first come first serve basis. The turn-a-round time of a particular repair is dependent upon circumstances such as product type, the nature of the problem and current repair volumes. Requests for expedited repair service will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Repair Warranty: Vaddio guarantees all of its repair work, performed on non-warranty items, for 90 days from the day the repaired product is shipped back to the customer. If the original problem described was not resolved or reoccurs within the 90-day period, Vaddio will repair the unit free of labor charges. However additional material charges may apply unless the parts used to affect the repair are again deemed defective.
©2017 Vaddio - All Rights Reserved. 9/17 Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Warranty, RMA policies and service pricing are subject to change prior without notice or obligation. Warranty and Return Policy 2017 - Document 342-0530 Rev E
Download a pdf of the Vaddio Warranty and Return Policy